Our Surgical Center offers one-day surgery and is fully staffed with highly experienced surgical registered nurses. BCH is pleased to welcome Gavin Davison, MD to its medical staff as of October 2016. As a board-certified surgeon, Dr. Davison has established his surgical practice in Springville as he assumes the position of chair of the Bertrand Chaffee Hospital Department of Surgery.
Recruiting Dr. Davison to Bertrand Chaffee Hospital is part of our commitment to making sure patients in our rural area have access to essential medical care, including surgical procedures.
As a general surgeon, Dr. Davison specializes in minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures, which can help speed the recovery time for the surgical patient and reduce scarring.
Below is a list of procedures, many of which Dr. Davison can perform laparoscopically.
- EGD/upper endoscopy
- gallbladder removal
- hernia repair
- lipoma, skin lesion and cyst removal
- Mediport (port catheter) insertion
- percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube (PEG)
- peritoneal dialysis catheter access
- PICC line placement
- small and large bowel procedures, including resections
- wound debridement
He will be seeing patients in his second floor office at Bertrand Chaffee Hospital. For more information, talk to your primary care provider or call (716) 794-3295. All major insurance plans accepted.
What is Ambulatory Surgery?
- Operating Room has two suites to accommodate inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures.
- Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) has 4 observation bays and one recliner area. We have specially trained nurses to care for patients after receiving anesthesia.
- Endoscopy – two rooms to accommodate cystoscopies, colonoscopies and esophagogastroduodenoscopies (EGDs). Our endoscopy suites offer state-of-the-art colonoscopy and EGDs with high definition imaging.
- Ambulatory unit has five recovery bays and three recliners for infusions.