On June 17, 2020, the NYS Department of Health declared that hospital visitation can begin again with strict safeguards that will limit the possibility of the spread of COVID-19 to patients, staff, and visitors.
Bertrand Chaffee Hospital has adopted and is implementing the following measures in order to resume visitation on the Medical Floor:
- Visitation hours are from 10:00am to 12:00pm and 5:00pm to 7:00pm, only. Visitors are only to visit the patient’s room and should not walk around other areas of the Hospital building.
- Per the NYS Department of Health, visitors must be greater than 18 years old, with the exception of end-of-life visits.
- Visitation will be limited to one visitor per patient at a time.
- Visitors must wear a mask over their mouth and nose when in the Hospital building. If entering an Isolation Precaution room, visitors will be required to wear all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). If the visitor does not agree to wear all appropriate PPE, they can be denied visitation.
- Visitors must enter Bertrand Chaffee Hospital through the Main Entrance lobby door and must proceed directly to the screening table.
- Visitors will be screened for temperature, any COVID symptoms in the last 14 days, and any contact with a COVID positive person in the last 14 days.
- Information about the risks of visiting will be given to the visitor at the screening desk and their name, phone number, who they are visiting, and the date and time of the visit will be recorded. Visitors will be given a “Visitor” sticker to wear.
Emergency Room visitation remains unchanged; one visitor per patient at the discretion of the Emergency Room staff and will undergo the screening process and procedures as outlined above.
Ambulatory Surgery patients undergoing same-day procedures may be accompanied by one person, only, and will undergo the screening process and procedures as outlined above.
Bertrand Chaffee Hospital, following guidance from the New York State Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, reserves the right to modify these policies and measures at any time.