Pork Tenderloin with Apple Stuffing and Raspberry Glaze
6 Servings—2 oz. Pork w/ 4 oz. apple stuffing & Raspberry Sauce
Roast 2 hrs. 15 min @ 325˚F
- 1 Stalk Celery
- 2 Tbsp. chopped onion
- 1 ½ Tbsp. butter or margarine
- ½ cup tart red apples
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 4/5 cup dried bread cubes
- 14 oz. boneless double pork loin roast (tied)
- Dash salt
- Dash garlic powder
- Cook celery and onion in a large skillet w/margarine until tender, but not brown. Stir in chopped apple, allspice and cardamom. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until apple is tender, stirring occasionally. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add bread cubes to mix. Toss gently to coat bread, but don’t overmix. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Untie Roast and separate in halves. Trim excess fat. Spoon about ½ apple stuffing mix over half the meat.
- Re-assemble roast. Tie with string to secure. Place on a wire rack in a large roasting pan. Sprinkle roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Roast stuffed meat uncovered in the preheated oven for 2 ¼ to 2 ¾ hours or until meat thermometer registers 160-170˚F.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- 6 Servings- 1 Tbsp.
- 1/2 cups undrained frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 Tbsp. red currant jelly
- 2 Tbsp. apricot juice
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. cold water
- Combine raspberries, currant jelly, apricot nectar and sugar in a medium sauce pan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture just comes to a boil.
- Strain through a sieve. In the same sauce pan combine cornstarch and water. Stir in raspberry mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Nutrition facts per serving: 165 calories, 6 gm fat, 91 mg sodium, 12 gram Carbohydrate, 14 gram Protein.
- (1 Carb, 2 Meat)
Brown and Wild Rice Mix
6 Servings – 1/3 cup—45 minutes on stove top
- 1 tsp. Canola Oil
- 1 Shallots finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/3 cup Brown Rice
- 1/3 cup Wild Rice, rinsed
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- Dash Salt
- 1/8 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- ½ cup Parsley chopped
- 1 tsp. Orange Zest
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the stock, salt and red pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered until the rice mixture is almost tender, about 30-40 minutes, but still chewy.
- Add orange zest and parsley; toss lightly.
Nutrition facts per 1/3 cup serving: 88 calories, 1 gm fat, 158 mg Sodium, 16 gram Carbohydrate, and 1 gram Protein. (1 Carb)
Roasted Seasonal Vegetables
6 Servings- ½ cup
Roast 30 minutes in 450˚F oven
- 1/2 lb. Red Skin Potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup Butternut Squash Cubes
- 1 Large Carrot, peeled and cut into ½” thick slices
- 1 Parsnip, peeled and cut into ½ “thick slices
- 2/3 cup Kale, rinsed and chopped
- 1 ½ Tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 clove garlic minced
- Salt (sparingly) and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450˚F.
- Lightly oil baking sheets.
- Combine the vegetables, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt/pepper to taste in a large bowl.
- Toss by hand to coat vegetables.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto baking sheets.
- In 450˚F oven, bake vegetables for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, stir vegetables and return to oven.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and brown.
Nutrition Facts per ½ cup: 83 calories, 0.4 gm Fat, 42 mg Na, 15 gm Carbohydrate, 2 gm Protein.
(1 Carb -Starchy Vegetable)
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
6 servings – 2 cheesecake bites per serving
- 6 Gingersnap cookies (2”diameter)
- 3 oz. fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Skim milk
- 1/2 package cheesecake flavored fat-free instant pudding mix (sugar free if available)
- 1/2 package pumpkin flavored fat-free instant pudding mix (sugar free if available)
- Line mini-muffin cups with paper liners. Break gingersnaps into pieces; process in food processor to make about ½ cup fine crumbs.
- Place 1 tsp crumbs in each paper liner.
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer at low speed until smooth.
- Add pudding mixes and milk. Beat at high speed 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Spoon 1 ½ Tbsp. cream cheese mixture into each paper liner. Place bites in refrigerator to chill until served.
Nutrition Facts per 2 bites: 85 calories, 1 gram fat, 305 mg Sodium, 18 gram Carbohydrate, 4 gram Protein. (1 Carb)